I spent more than a decade training college students to write more effectively, think more creatively, and analyze cultural messages more critically.
At Columbia College Chicago, my courses helped students from arts and media disciplines connect with the bigger ideas that give their creative work meaning. At The University of Iowa, I taught foundational writing and public speaking courses, as well as more advanced classes in media, culture, and communication.
I've also led workshops for teachers designed to help them facilitate better discussions and more effectively engage with issues of politics and identity in the classroom.
Columbia College Chicago: First-Year Seminar Program
- First-Year Seminar
- Honors First-Year Seminar
Columbia College Chicago: Department of Humanities, History, and Social Sciences
- Introduction to Cultural Studies
University of Iowa: Department of Communication Studies
- Gender, Sexuality, and the Media
- Persuasive Communication
- Television Criticism
- Politics of Popular Culture
- Media, Advertising, and Society
- Rhetoric and Public Advocacy
- Theory & Practice of Argumentation (TA)
- Core Concepts in Communication Studies (TA)
University of Iowa: Department of Rhetoric
- Rhetoric I: Reading, Writing, Speaking
- Rhetoric II: Reading, Writing, Speaking
- Accelerated Rhetoric
- Speaking and Reading